Friday, November 11, 2011

*field trip*

Liam's class went to Discovery Gateway and I decided to tag along.

We all gathered in the gym to wait for the busses to pick us up. My little group for the day to keep track of was Tru, Viren, Chandler, Liam, and Vanesia.


The bus ride was fun and as always with over 100 students a little bit chaotic. Lion King was playing on the DVD and it kept the kids relatively entertained. It conveniently shut off though about the time when Mufasa was about to get trampled. I don't know if it was on purpose or if it was because we were getting close to our destination.


Before we left I felt pretty good about being able to keep track of my little group. The teacher had made color-coded name badges that I pinned on their backs and was confident that following 5 purple tagged little ones would be easy.

Once we got there, however, the museum leaders put them all in these little red or yellow jackets so they were one big cluster of kindergarteners. And the kids had their own ideas of what they wanted to do. One of my girls missed their mom and started crying. Liam was bugged that I was comforting this little girl. I felt it unravel for a brief second but then had a quick breath and everything seemed to go okay.

I think I even had fun.










More importantly, it looks like the kids had fun too.

No comments: