Wednesday, December 19, 2012

*halloween 2012*

We had a fantastic Halloween.

We were in temporary housing for the last two halloweens so we were very excited to be able to trick or treat in what we could call our very own neighborhood. And the kids made bank. There are so many kids in Herriman that much of the candy handed out was from the huge bag of tootsie rolls and dum-dum suckers. Here, not so many kids.

I remember when I would go trick or treating as a kid and I would be absolutely estatic when I would receive the rare full size candy bar. I think I got two in my many years of scavenging the streets for goodies.

Liam scored 6. Luke and Andrew got 4-5. Nick had 3. Along with the bounty of other bite size candy bars they received because people said "Take a couple handfuls" because they wanted to get rid of it.

There was much rejoicing when the pillowcases were dumped on the floor. Squeals and dancing and a whole lot of "OH yeah"s.

It was a little gross how much we had left over at our own house. We live on a quiet, dark street so we didn't get many trick or treaters. We had a Costco bag and a half left of candy at our house because I am so used to handing out so much candy that I overbought.

Live and learn for next year I suppose.

The morning of the holiday I went to see the school parade and help with Luke's party. The rules were that there were to be no masks with the costumes and so I did a terrible make up job for Andrew's zombie costume and the other two just made do. I think I was the only parent who followed directions so for sure next year I will have them pack their masks in their backpacks for the parade.

See all that I am learning this year?

Here is a shot of the boys before school.



Blurry parade photos.






I love this Nacho Libre smile.


Then the big event. With masks.

We went to a neighbor's house for their annual soup dinner and hung out there for a while to fill our bellies with good food before slamming it with junk. It was fun to see everyone's costumes--my favorite was the family who dressed up like muppets. They were legit homemade costumes and they were adorable. I couldn't get over it.

Then off to get the candy. It was strange because Liam was the only one who went around with Justin this year. All of the other boys went with their friends in other neighborhoods.













Nick wasn't planning on going out trick or treating but at the last minute some friends called and he rummaged through our dress up box and went out after all. Here is a before photo because I felt bad he wasn't included in the other ones.


No comments: