Saturday, December 15, 2012

*pumpkin patch*

Liam's class went on a field trip to a pumpkin patch up in Layton. Or Farmington. I get really mixed up with the cities once I get north of Bountiful.

I was super late getting up there because of my ultrasound that morning, but it was fun getting to know some of his friends, especially his new best friend Sam, meet some of the moms, and meet his new teacher. Liam had just been switched to the French immersion program about a week before and so not only did he start a new school this year, once he got to know one class he was uprooted and plopped into another one. I know, I am an awesome mom.

However, it is not as bad as it seems. Most of his friends from the ward are in this new class and his new best friend. And he is my most adaptable child...he out going and makes friends easily. And he has loved learning French.

Each child was able to choose a pumpkin.


And then they were able to play around a bit.








Here is his cute class.


After the pumpkin patch we met at a local park and had lunch. I was glad that I drove up myself because I had to take a slight detour to the grocery store to pick up lunch for Liam and me. I wasn't expecting to be so late but at least it all worked out in the end.

This week was UEA so we had a couple days off at the end of the week. Nick hung out with friends while the other boys and I went bowling and the next day we went a second time to see the witches and met up with my family at Gardner Village.

Don't ever go to Gardner Village on fall break. It is crowded and crazy and I totally forgot what weekend it was or maybe I wouldn't have gone. We actually did have a great time and there was some excitement when someone sprayed a fire extinguisher into the crowd. And we also got a fun picture of all the grandkids...



That was the day that I announced my pregnancy to my family and it was funny because no one believed us at first. We handed them a little pumpkin and said: "We are adding another pumpkin to our patch!"

We went and ate at Culver's after which was delicious. I had never been there before and I think I may return soon.

I read something yesterday that really helped me in what I am going through right now. I have good moments and bad moments and even in the good moments I miss my little boy. I am so happy to have come across this:

“In my leisure moments I have meditated upon the subject, and asked the question, why it is that infants, innocent children, are taken away from us, especially those that seem to be the most intelligent and interesting. . . . The Lord takes many away even in infancy, that they may escape the envy of man, and the sorrows and evils of this present world; they were too pure, too lovely, to live on earth; therefore, if rightly considered, instead of mourning we have reason to rejoice as they are delivered from evil, and we shall soon have them again. . . . All children are redeemed by the blood of Jesus Christ, and the moment that children leave this world, they are taken to the bosom of Abraham. The only difference between the old and young dying is, one lives longer in heaven and eternal light and glory than the other, and is freed a little sooner from this miserable wicked world.”
Joseph Smith, Teachings, p. 196-197

I can't wait to see him again.

No comments: