Sunday, December 9, 2012

*vs granger and utah state fair*

The games against Granger were brutal. It was so insanely hot that day and Skyline could not get their act together and we lost all three games. I even almost got into a verbal yelling match with a seven year old girl and then realized that I was being super immature. But to be fair, she did say that "Skyline sucks." Them's fightin' words.

Anyway, here are some pics of Andrew:








Nick:








and Luke.




The next Monday was one of my most favorite days of the year. All you can eat ice cream day at the Utah State Fair. Andrew and Liam were the only two who could go due to our lovely football practice schedule and we had a ton of fun.

There was a special on ride wristbands that day so I bought them each one and it paid for itself in less than twenty minutes.

They rode this ride three times in a row and then we moved on looking for bigger and better things.



Things such as the Pharoah's Fury. It is just like the Tidal Wave at Lagoon but a sketchy fair version.

The boys loved it so much they rode on it 6 times in a row.

They let Liam slide by even though he was a hair too short and I had heart palpitations the entire time because I just imagined his skinny little body sliding out from under the bar and being flung across the sky. I am not crazy or anything, right? Right??




My parents and my sister's family met us there and we walked around looking at the animals.


There was a cute bunch of baby pigs but boy, were they stinky.




The boys talked my dad into going on their favorite ride. A couple times.


Then the annual ferris wheel ride.






And another crazy spinning ride that my dad was nice enough to accompany the boys on.


And of course, the ice cream. This is what I had for dinner that night and it was absolutely scrumptious.


And then another turn on the beloved Pharoah. This time in the very, very back.


And again, to follow tradition, I bought a deep fried delicacy. This year it was deep fried oreos. I am a little disappointed now that we didn't get a twinkie now that Hostess is gone. Oh well, you win some, you lose some.


I love this place. Until next year.


1 comment:

The Winegar's said...

Another fun tradition, the Fair, that we all enjoy together.