Wednesday, December 12, 2012

*more fall fun*

I was lucky enough to accompany the fifth grade on their field trip to Timpanogus Cave. I don't think I had been there since my field trip way back in the 3rd grade or so and had always wanted to take the boys there but never got around to it. I also had an ulterior motive: I wanted to spy on Luke. You see, this third son of mine is a little shy and sensitive despite his tough exterior. The move to our new home was the hardest on him of all since he doesn't make friends easily and left his bestest friend in the whole world (his exact words) back in Herriman.

So I wanted to make sure he was making friends. I wanted to make sure he was included. I wanted to make sure he was okay.

All my fears were calmed and I was relieved to see that he interacted well with his classmates and was sincerely having a good time.

Luke and I were able to drive ourselves there and back which was quite lovely. I love having one on one time with each of the boys and it is getting harder to come by since life is so busy now a days. We stopped at the gas station to get a treat which thrilled Luke to death. He said "I have never stopped for a treat on a field trip before!"

All the students were divided into groups and there were three parents in each group. One had to be at the front, middle, and the back. Since my son wanted to be in the front, I was volunteered to be there as well. Let me tell you, the boys cruised up that mountain like no tomorrow. We would catch up to another group who would be irritated and rudely stated multiple times that this was not a race. Sorry about it, I can't help it. I didn't want it to be a race either--I was so sore the next day and being early on in my pregnancy didn't help my energy level either.



This was the end of our group. It was pretty drizzly on the way up but not too bad.


It made for some pretty amazing scenery to view on the hike. I broke the rules a couple times and stopped where there was a red line to take pictures. High rock slide danger you know. It was just for a second though.


We made it to the top!


It was a pretty interesting field trip. We had a great tour guide that kept the kids interested and engaged. The tour was a little longer than I remember--it is a great place to visit but after going, I felt like my boys could get their fill on field trips, I didn't feel so bad about not making a special trip down to see it on our own.




It is a pretty hike though.


The boys also had a break that weekend from school because of parent teacher conferences. We went to Gardner Village to see the witches and get jelly bellies.


We didn't have the official scavenger hunt paper but the boys remember most of the witches from previous years and we set out to find their favorite ones. This is a new one and I thought it was clever. A witch talking on her EYE phone.




This is their most favorite one: Witchy poo. Ahh, boys.



No pictures of football this week because I was at a wedding shower for one of Justin's cute cousins. My sister also blessed her sweet baby Jane.



Love this darling baby girl.

1 comment:

The Winegar's said...

I'm really enjoying reading your blog and catching up/remembering all the good times you have with your family. :D