Monday, December 17, 2012

*thoughts*

This week it finally snowed. Huge.

Liam and Luke stayed out in it for hours. Those boys sure love to play together.

Most of the snow was gone by the time Saturday rolled around but there was just enough that the boys were totally psyched to play their football games. This was our last regular season game and we had been pretty darn lucky with weather up to this point. I was a little hesitant to set up camp and sit in the frigid cold for hours, but even with the snow on the ground, with the sun out it actually pleasant and made for pretty amazing football weather.

Here is Andrew:








I have a gazillion pictures of Nick from this week. I didn't even post all of them. Nick just had a great game and they gave him the ball. A lot.





























I guess I took a few of Luke too.
















This has nothing to do with football but since I am so very behind, I did want to remember a quick thought.

There was a terrible tragedy just last weekend in Newtown, CT. It has affected me down to the core. How does one think it is okay to kill anyone, let alone children.

After I heard the news, I immediately went to my knees and prayed for these families of the children. Oh, to lose a child in that manner. I cannot imagine the pain and heartache while waiting to see if your child would come out of the school when they never would. I am in pain from losing my baby but it is nothing, I am absolutely positive, compared to this brutal manner that these children were taken. It absolutely kills me to think about it. I not only prayed for their families but I was comforted to know that my little Jacob is safe with my Heavenly Father and will never have to experience the disturbing things happening in the world.

During Sacrament meeting today we sang "Away in a Manger." I couldn't even get through the last verse:

"Be near me, Lord Jesus, I ask thee to stay
close by me forever, and love me I pray
Bless all the dear children, in thy tender care,
and fit us for Heaven to live with thee there.

I just hope that these families find comfort and peace at this time. I hope they can heal and love and not let the ugliness of what happened to their loved ones blacken and harden their hearts. I wish I could help them in some way. Even if it was to go and give them a big hug and cry with them.

I also hope that I can live a life worthy enough to see my sweet baby.

I found a scripture in Psalms 18:28 that has comforted me. It states: "For thou wilt light my candle: the Lord my God will enlighten my darkness." God knows all. He has a plan. God will help us through our darkest days. If we follow him, we will find happiness and joy and light.

God bless Newtown.

2 comments:

Mark said...

Beautiful. I too have been shaken to the core at the thought of losing a child in such a manner. It is so humbling, even as a bystander so far away. You are amazing. Thank you for writing these thoughts down.

Mark said...

oops, I am having to use my husbands account. This is Hillary