Wednesday, December 12, 2012

*lovely weekend*

I think I have learned my lesson about waiting until after football season is over to post about every. single. game. It is quite tedious going through all the pictures all at once and making sure the right pictures get with the right game. And the right player!

For some reason I don't have any pictures of Luke this week, I think my battery was dying on my camera.

They played Taylorsville and all three lost. Oh well.

Here is Andrew:






and Nick:


This is his signature pose on the field when he is waiting for something to happen.


What a block!


The next day was the dedication of the Brigham City temple. We sluffed the ceremony at our ward and decided to head up the canyon for a picnic.

Oh my goodness it was gorgeous. Fall beauty in all its splendor.




We all had turkey sandwiches (except for me who had peanut butter and jelly...no listeria poisoning for me thanks), chips, drinks, and of course cookies. I absolutely love being in the fresh air, marveling at the spectacular colors of the leaves, and just enjoying each other's company. We found this perfect little spot just off the trail so we were surrounded by the trees. There were fun little trails to try out and also secret little places where the boys could let nature take its course, when necessary. They had little fire pits so I want to come back and do smores.





Of course there was exploring to be done. We found this furry caterpillar, threw stones and leaves in the river, and not surprisingly, got a little dirty.






The boys made me work to get a half decent photo of all four of them.


Luke wanted to pose in front of the sign so we would remember where we were so we could come to the same place next time.


I snapped so many pictures coming down the mountain because pockets of heaven would show up every time we turned a corner.




Love.

No comments: